James W. Wade, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. James W. Wade strives to deliver excellence and satisfaction to all of his patients. He has been providing plastic surgery services at his private practice in the Baton Rouge community since 1985.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana State University in 1974, Dr. Wade continued his education at the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans to receive his M.D. degree in 1978. His post-doctoral training included a surgical internship at the Earl K. Long Hospital in Baton Rouge, LA and a general surgery residency at the Medical College of Georgia. Returning to LSUMC, Dr. Wade completed his plastic surgery residency in 1985.
Over the years, Dr. Wade's career has included pioneering work in microsurgery and breast reconstruction with an evolution into the challenging realm of cosmetic surgery. He is currently an active staff member at several area hospitals and maintains numerous professional memberships. In addition to his clinical accomplishments, Dr. Wade is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the division of plastic surgery at the Louisiana State University Medical Center.
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center
- Woman's Hospital
- Lake Surgery Center
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Past President, Southeastern Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Member, Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past President, Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past Chief of Staff, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center